Saturday 17 October 2009

Day 3: A quiet one

Well firstly I remembered my camera this morning woo! and managed to get some pictures off someone elses camera of yesterday so your able to see them. Also fixed all the other photos I put up there! This morning I got a lie in but an even longer one than I expected! I was supposed to be meeting in the lobby at 9.40 but woke up at 9.35! so had to just throw some clothes on and run out. We went to the presbyterian church offices where we were presented with a perspex plaque to remember our visit which was lovely but not really seen it properly yet as we were told they'll give us them properly on wednesday before we leave as we were going straight out afterwards. After this we were given a short presentation on the office and how they function and then given lots of details about the typhoon and how the churches dealt with it. The basic line of it was that they responded very quickly and before the Government! As no vehicles could pass, it was up to volunteers to walk the 8 hour round trip throught the water and mess to deliver food parcels to the victims. Once this was done we were taken to the poshest hotel in Chaiyi apparently! where there was an all you can eat buffet but as I hadn't been well in the night, I only sampled a few items although one of these did include Ostrich!! Following this we went back to the hotel where I was able to actually get myself ready this time!! We were then picked up by the Rev En-Shang Pann (who is the vicar for the church we are going to in the morning) and taken out for the afternoon. We went to Chaiyi tower which I guess is the equivalent to Blackpool tower where you can get a good view, there was a roof terrace with bars but no glass so the breeze came through. On here was a small water feature with some lovely artwork around and some swinging chairs! Once we came down from there we were taken through a botanical garden which was lovely and then on for tea. This was a giant selection of food however after not feeling so great I just had a duck pancake and a bowl of soup because I was so full from dinner! The restaurant we went to was gorgeous, it was on top of a giant pond with fish all around where the gaps of the building were and when I talked about the fish they gave me fish food to feed them with. I threw some in the water and all of them swarmed to get at it pushing some fish out of the water!!! I think there was around 100 fish approx. We later dropped off friends before going shopping for a top for Angela, she bought 3 in the end! Was nice though! Been quite a chilled out day, not too much thinking involoved!! Miss everyone lots though!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment