Friday 23 October 2009

Day 9: My last day!

Well, its the final one! :( and :). I've got mixed feelings really, I'm sad because I've had a good time but happy cos I miss home, family an Nathan so so much! Today was very chilled out! Started with breakfast which was American, fried ham, pancakes and egg, yummy! :) We were then picked up at 10 and taken to an archeology museum which to be perfectly honest I found really boring and spent the whole time trying to find funny ways to place monkey in the photo with Paul (before we got told off! :p). Next we went to Danshui on a boat over the river where we saw flying fish :D which were very cool and fun to watch, tried to get a video but not sure if I'll be able to see anything! Once in the village we had a walk down but as it was throwing it down (because the typhoon is passing) we soon went into a cafe to have something to eat. Food was very yummy and was like salad and meat so was nice. We had a good chat when eating food which good company. After this we just strolled through the shops, called in at local exhibition about one of the first missionaries that came to Taiwan, George Mackay. I found it really moving in there and gave me lots to think about as far as this trip. I kind of walked for a bit then in silence thinking things over that have happened on this trip. We finally reached our destination of Carys's house absolutly soaking where we had coffee and cake before getting the metro back to Taipei main station. We then returned to the hotel where we packed up and had a small chat about our thoughts on the trip. I think we all feel so priviliged to have been given this opportunity and can't wait to share our experience with others when we get back home (although most people know through this blog!). Me and Angela popped out an ended up with Mc Donalds as didn't have a clue what anything else was lol and ate it in the hotel room and now I'm here blogging as usual and about to go to bed as have to be up at 3am :( for a very long journey home. I will write one more blog when I arrive back in England to let everyone know I'm home safe and then that will be it! :( xx

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss the blog I've enjoyed reading each day what you have been doing and how it has challenged. However, it will be good to have you home cause i've missed you loads. Mind you perhaps you could continue writing it then I might actually know what you did at at home as well as in Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete